Fashion Management - Part-Time Lecturer (2022-2023 Academic Year)
The Center for Fashion Management within the School of Media & Design at University of the Incarnate Word invites part-time faculty candidates for Fashion Management Lecturer. Position will teach undergraduate courses within the Fashion Management Program. The program offers a BS in Fashion Management with two concentrations: fashion merchandising and apparel product design. In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission. Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service, and professional activities as assigned.
The applicant pool will remain online and be used to hire interested part-time faculty as needed.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Basic instructional duties:
- Prepare course outlines and teach based on approved departmental syllabi; prepare and deliver consistent, interactive lectures.
- Prepare timely and meaningful assessments for assigned courses.
- Work collaboratively with departmental faculty to ensure standard curriculum outcomes are met.
- Adhere to UIW policies and procedures, including timely record keeping of student activities, fair and equitable evaluation of student performance, and timely feedback to students regarding their performance in the course.
- Be available outside of class to help students learn as well as answer their questions (1 hour per 3-hour class, physically and/or electronically).
- Conduct respectful relationships with faculty, staff, and students both in and outside the classroom.
- Maintain contact with the department chair and participate in meetings upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver instruction online-ability to effectively learn and use instructional technology;
- Willingness and flexibility to teach day, evening and weekend sections as needed;
- Ability to incorporate technology into teaching;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Masters Degree in Fashion or related field, relative to course content.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful college-level teaching and/or 18 hours of graduate-level studies in the field of fashion and/or 2 years of managerial responsibilities in some aspect of the fashion industry.
- Experience such as, but not limited to, apparel construction, technical or creative apparel/accessory product design, textiles, fashion theory, and fashion history.
PhD in Fashion, Fashion Merchandising, or Fashion Design or related
field relative to course content.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Based on course assignment.
Posting Number: UN639PO
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 08/15/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dr. Sharon Welkey
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 06/29/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
All required information must be submitted directly to Cardinal Talent.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/19650
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4607604190816d4686832e15d25cc016