- Fashion Design - Adjunct Professor
- Go to our website »
Fashion Design - Adjunct Professor
Posting Number: A-037-2022
Department: Fashion Design
Salary: $80.63 per hour (based on lecture hour equivalent)
Open Date: 10/27/2022
Close Date: 6/30/2023
Initial Screening Date: 06/30/2023
Open Until Filled No
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Potentially teach fashion design courses related to apparel patternmaking, technical design, sewing using industrial machines, and additional hands on fashion design courses requiring manual expertise.
2. Conduct office hours, participate in the colleges learning outcomes assessment initiatives, and fulfill all contractual required duties associated with assignment.
3. Utilize campus and classroom technology including but not limited to classroom computers, technology, and related equipment.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
5. Available to teach on campus mornings, afternoons, or evenings.
6. Prepare course materials, handouts, weekly student homework assignments, grade assignments, and other as required.
7. Respond to emails and inquiries as per contractual requirement(s).
8. Culturally responsive in interactions with a wide variety of diverse individuals including but not limited to students, faculty, staff, and community members who span a diverse range of languages, nationalities and ethnicities, socio-economic levels, ages, identities, abilities, and educational experiences.
9. Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records.
10. Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Any Bachelors degree and two (2) full-time equivalent years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment; OR
2. Any Associates degree and six (6) full-time equivalent years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment; OR 3. The equivalent (if requesting an equivalency, please answer the supplemental questions included in the application); OR 4. California Community College credential, "Valid for Life" (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code 87355. (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
This position may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California drivers license.
Health & Welfare:
Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency will need to answer the equivalency questions included in the application.
Conditions of Employment:
The person holding this position is required to be present on Mt. San Antonio Colleges campus to perform all essential duties and responsibilities.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report. The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed rsum that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. One (1) letter of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
For more details about this position, please contact:
Name: Maria Davis and Sheila Espy
Title: Faculty and Co-Coordinator, Fashion Design
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: (909) 274-4967
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and other job-related criteria as listed in the job posting. Interviews may include a writing sample, presentation, teaching demonstration and/or performance test.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/10253
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-8961e6c951d5644f812cdbc6a5dc1110