FACULTY (ADJUNCT) - FASHION STUDIES
Santa Rosa Junior College
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 20-21052
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Department: Theatre Arts and Fashion
Santa Rosa Junior College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for adjunct faculty assignments. Adjunct assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed. This job posting is not for a specific assignment or for a full-time faculty position, but rather for a pool of candidates who may be considered for part-time teaching or allied faculty assignments. Allied faculty include counselors, librarians, work experience faculty and other assignments.
We are seeking equity-minded faculty who are committed to educating our diverse student population. SRJC supports equal access for all students and multi-ethnic global perspectives and cultural competencies. We value diversity that supports honesty and integrity in an environment of collegiality and mutual respect and compassion that includes civic engagement opportunities that contribute to real world problem solving and empathy to identify the challenges and address the needs of others. Candidates must have demonstrated instructional skills to join our outstanding team of faculty, staff and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
Santa Rosa Junior College is an institution that has been a part of the community for more than 100 years, located in Sonoma County, California. Sonoma County is rich in history, beauty, and culture; it is one of the finest places to live on earth. Over 1.7 million students have attended SRJC in its more than 100-year history, many of whom are drawn to the college for its academic excellence, superb faculty and staff, comprehensive student services and beautiful grounds. At SRJC, we value learning that includes:
- Excellent and innovative instruction and support services;
- A learning- and learner-centered environment;
- A welcoming physical environment;
- Equity-minded faculty and staff with a caring and supportive attitude among faculty and staff;
- Access to programs and courses that lead to transfer and/or gainful employment.
- Access to lifelong learning opportunities
Video Overview of Santa Rosa Junior College
- Provide excellent instruction and faculty support to students, which may include evening, weekend, online or hybrid and/or off-campus assignments.
- Provide academic assistance and related services to students during scheduled office hours.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff
- Maintain currency in field(s) of expertise.
- Adjunct faculty focus primarily on providing instruction and/or student services. Adjunct faculty are typically not required to participate in District or department service such as committee work, evaluations, student learning outcomes assessment, and hiring committees, but may be asked to perform these services for additional compensation.
- For a detailed list of adjunct faculty job duties, please see the All Faculty Association Contract, All Faculty Association Contract Article 17: Job Descriptions. (Download PDF reader)
The examples of duties listed above are representative of those that must be met by a faculty member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Candidates who are recommended for the pool after committee interviews will be added to the pool for disciplines interviewed and deemed qualified for (screening/interviewing committees will confirm disciplines that candidates are qualified for).
Applications are accepted for adjunct faculty pools on a continuous basis. If the department has an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, applications which have been submitted will be reviewed. If the department does not have an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, applications remain in the queue for consideration until the adjunct pool job postings are updated each year (job postings are updated periodically and annually every Fall). Applicants who have submitted an application and are not reviewed, will need to reapply when a change in the posting occurs in order to be considered. If selected for interview, candidates will be invited to interview with a Screening and Interviewing Committee. The Committee may include representatives consisting of Faculty, Administrators, and Classified Professionals. Students may also participate in the committee selection process as determined by the Screening and Interviewing Committee. For candidates who are recommended for the pool, references will be checked at any point beyond the committee interview. If selected for the pool, candidates remain in the pool for four years.
The Department of Theatre and Fashion produces four main stage shows, and two showcases during the academic year and five shows during the summer through Summer Repertory Theatre Festival. There are four full time faculty, five classified staff and several adjunct faculty in the department. The department is comprised of three distinct programs: Theatre Arts, a 10 month academic and producing program, the Summer Repertory Theatre Festival (SRT) and Fashion Studies. Summer Repertory Theatre Festival is Santa Rosa Junior College Department of Theatre and Fashion renowned summerstock company offering advanced training for young theatre artists from around the country. For more information please visit our websites at https://theatrearts.santarosa.edu/, SRT, and https://fashion.santarosa.edu.
The Fashion Studies Program prepares students for careers in fashion design and retail merchandising fields through a study of textiles, principles of design, construction, merchandising and retail marketing methods.
Department of Theatre and Fashion website
Bachelor's degree and two years full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience in the discipline; OR Associate's degree and six years full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience in the discipline; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Fashion &Textiles and Related Technologies.
A sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications exactly as listed above for disciplines of interest, or they must file for equivalency in order to be considered. Candidates who are requesting equivalency consideration are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application. Please contact Maria Padilla - firstname.lastname@example.org or Shauna Malvino- email@example.com.
- Candidates with subject-related work experience.
- Demonstrated evidence of innovative classroom teaching.
- Experience with educational software relevant to discipline.
- Current industry experience relevant to the discipline.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing and promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
In order to be considered for this adjunct faculty pool, applicants must provide the following:
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College/GovernmentJobs.com Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. Please note resumes are not a substitute for completing the "Work Experience" section of the employment application. Applications will be considered incomplete if no work experience is listed, or if other required application fields are missing or incomplete.
- Contact information (phone number and email address) for three professional references.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the adjunct faculty pool, including how you meet the minimum and preferred requirements and are qualified to perform the essential functions as listed in this section of the job posting. Please specify the top three disciplines/areas of interest that you are qualified for.
- Current Resume.
- A 500-word response to the diversity prompt below:
- Learning activities;
- Teaching/counseling practices;
- Educational Resources;
- Training, background, coursework and/or professional development;
- Program Development
- If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Information on Foreign Degree Requirements
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting Hourly Rate: Please see our hourly salary schedules or contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- For Unit A (AFA) Faculty, salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials. Initial Step placement will be at Step 1 pending evaluation of experience as outlined in the AFA Contract Article 27:Salary Placement (Download PDF reader)
- Sick Leave Accrual: Adjunct faculty accrue sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
Santa Rosa Junior College does not reimburse candidates for expenses related to adjunct faculty interviews. Requests for remote interviews or other accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
BUSSMAN HALL ANNEX
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
EMAIL: Please contact Shauna Malvino - firstname.lastname@example.org or Maria Padilla - email@example.com
The office is located in the Bussman Building on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
Due to COVID-19, the Human Resources staff are working remotely until further notice.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Must be fingerprinted in California and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
- Within 6 months of employment, must complete required District trainings such as Title IX, Mandated Reporter.
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Jeanne Clery Disclosure)
Sonoma County Junior College District's annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Sonoma County Junior College District; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. Link to read or obtain a full copy of this report. Paper copies of the full report are available upon request by contacting Police Department Records at (707) 527-4963 or by visiting the Sonoma County Junior College District Police Department located at 2032 Armory Drive, Pedroncelli Center, Santa Rosa Campus.
The Sonoma County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic group identification, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices; nor does the District discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their age. This non- discrimination policy covers admission, access and treatment in District programs and activities-- including but not limited to academic admissions, financial aid, educational services and athletics--and application for District employment.
SRJC Strategic Plan
VISION: SRJC aspires to be an inclusive, diverse and sustainable learning community that engages the whole person.
MISSION: SRJC passionately cultivates learning through the creative, intellectual, physical, social, emotional, aesthetic and ethical development of our diverse community.
- We focus on student learning by preparing students for transfer; by providing responsive career and technical education; and by improving students' foundational skills.
- We provide a comprehensive range of student development programs and services that support student success and enrich student lives.
- We support the economic vitality, social equity and environmental stewardship of our region.
- We promote personal and professional growth and cultivate joy at work and in lifelong learning.
- We foster critical and reflective civic engagement and thoughtful participation in diverse local and global communities.
- We regularly assess, self-reflect, adapt, and continuously improve.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position/assignment. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the District mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
The Sonoma County Junior College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santarosajc/jobs/2878924/faculty-adjunct-fashion-studies
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency