This ad is expired.
Adjunct Pool for Professor of Fashion Merchandising
Posting Number: 038
Department: Fashion Design
Salary: $80.63 PER HOUR
Open Date: 09/30/2020
Initial Screening Date: 10/29/2020
Open Until Filled No
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Apply between September 30, 2020 until October 29, 2020. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
2. A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicants philosophy of teaching
3. A detailed rsum that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. A minimum of two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
6. Candidates not holding the stated required qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, will be asked to answer some supplemental questions to be considered
Health & Welfare:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrate highly active participation in the fashion industry with a demonstrated knowledge of fashion business concepts including buying and planning concepts integrated with strong Excel competency, marketing, team building, multi-channel merchandising, fashion marketing, product knowledge, predictive analytics using Excel and product development.
2. Create course preparation materials for assigned courses (assignments, powerpoints, homework, and in class activities).
3. Instruct and assist in the development, growth, and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions.
4. Conduct office hours, complete paperwork, and respond to emails on a timely basis.
5. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with College policies, Division policies, and Department policies.
6. Assignments may include late afternoons, weekends, and evening hours.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Any bachelors degree or equivalent foreign degree AND two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment;
2. Any associate degree or equivalent foreign degree AND six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment; OR
3. California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; OR
4. The equivalent (please answer supplemental questions regarding an equivalency request, AND
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California drivers license.
Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California drivers license.
All candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are requesting consideration based on an equivalency, must complete the Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form or answer the supplemental questions regarding an equivalency request.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: https://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/asr_2018.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
For more details about this position, please contact:
Department Chair: Dr. Maria Davis
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources and needs.
Confidential Letters of Reference Instructions:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Confidential Letters of Recommendation Portal is NOT available for this position.
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including HIV & AIDS), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225.
Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8520
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3211de55d2999543b42f6ed35132430f