- Adjunct Faculty, Fashion Merchandising
- Go to our website »
Adjunct Faculty, Fashion Merchandising
Adjunct faculty at Stevenson University will engage in teaching activities in accordance with the University's Faculty Workload. Teaching responsibilities will include teaching courses in the Fashion Merchandising Department.
Department: School of Business & Leadership: Fashion Merchandising
Masters degree in Fashion Merchandising, Retailing, or a closely related area and a strong commitment to quality teaching. Five years of college level teaching experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Doctorate in Fashion Merchandising, Retailing, or closely related field preferred.
- Knowledge of fashion merchandising, including, but not limited to: visual merchandising, retailing, sourcing and logistics, buying, social psychology of dress, and merchandise planning.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in fashion merchandising.
- Ability to instruct students of varying preparation and abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to practice inclusive teaching.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with educational assessment practices
- Commitment to integrity, excellence, learning, community, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working with Blackboard or a similar learning management system.
- Well-developed organizational, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, keyboarding, and repetitive motions. Close visual acuity. Position requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time and the ability to speak clearly and effectively for an extended period of time.
- Engage in instructional activity totaling no more than 18 contact hours per academic year (August through May), with no more than 9 contact hours taught in an individual semester.
- Teaching responsibilities include time spent in the classroom, laboratory, or hybrid or online courses and in immediate preparation for them; maintaining competence in subjects being taught; preparing teaching materials; conferring with students on course materials; directing individual and group studies; reviewing written examinations and papers; evaluating presentations and projects; providing academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities.
- Other responsibilities include writing syllabi, reading and responding to emails promptly, grading course work within a time frame that enables the student to incorporate feedback on their next assignment, submitting mid-term and final grades by posted deadline, and alerting appropriate university personnel to student problems on a timely basis.
- Complete training or professional development as required by the University.
- Collegiality, as well as professional and ethical conduct, enhances teaching, learning and the general reputation of all persons in the academy. Therefore, all faculty members are expected to serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance with professional and ethical principles when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators, and members of the public. Follow all faculty and program policies outlined by the School and the University.
- Every faculty member is guaranteed academic freedom in accordance with the statement on academic freedom and responsibilities of faculty members as set forth in the Stevenson University Policies.
- Teaching assignments may require teaching day, evening, online, or hybrid classes.
- Meeting classes for the full class time during the scheduled dates and times is expected.
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Work Location: Owings Mills
Position Category: Faculty
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stevenson.peopleadmin.com
EOE/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency